Followers

Pageviews

(c) Ellie Jimenez. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Life is a Hot Mess

In less than 24 hours I will be face-to-face with my interviewer who will hopefully help in sending me off to Japan.

Has it really sunk in yet? That this could be the first step to a semester of amazing-ness? Not quite. It'll probably hit me when the lady walks into my living room and I'm like "Oh. I might just be going now."

I know that nothing is for sure right now, but a girl can hope, right? No? Well, I'm gonna anyway. ;P

I feel kind of silly for starting a blog that I might have to delete if everything doesn't go as planned, but the more I thought about it, the more appealing it sounded, and the urge finally caught me. At 11:30. On a school night. When I have to be up at 4am to go figure skating. Oh the joys of life.

So I should probably explain what my blog will (hopefully) be chronicling, right? I applied for a semester-long program in Japan through AFS, and it seems like I've been waiting A YEAR to get an interview and get the ball rolling... but I think it's only been something like... a week and a half since I submitted the application? Oh gosh. I only decided to do this for sure very recently, even though I'd been thinking about it since Freshman year of high school. I'm a Junior now. I am procrastination at its finest, let me tell you.

So yes, I would be going to Japan for my first semester of my Senior year, and even though I initially wanted to go for a year, ever since I was forced to go for a semester, I've realized that it'll be nice this way too. I just missed the deadline to go for the year. By something like 2 weeks. I was very upset... but hey, at least now I won't miss graduation. If I graduate on time.

Did I mention that if all goes well and I do end up going I might not graduate on time? >.< Yeah. My school's being kind of a butt about the whole foreign exchange program. :/ I need to go to a school that meets certain requirements in order for my school to take the credits I'll earn over in Japan. Oh, and I have to get a semester of AMERICAN Economics while I'm there. Yeah, like Japan's going to have that. So, I'm taking that over the summer whether I go or not, and I'll have that out of the way.

The only thing that's worrying me about getting accepted by Japan's AFS is the fact that I have a tattoo. When I realized that they might not be too cool with that I researched tattoos in Japan because when you think about it, how often do you hear about tattoos being super popular in Japan? Never. That's because they're associated with gangs, and I guess that if I went around showing mine off I'd look like I could manually tear your limbs off. Did I mention I'm 5' 3"? Geez, if only I COULD do that much damage. No one would EVER mess with me. Unfortunately, I don't think I could do much more than hurt myself while trying to punch someone else. Yes, that HAS happened before. No judging.

Anyway, the thing's pretty small and I hardly think a sunflower says yakuza: beware.

Darn. I just remembered that I have to clean my room tomorrow. T_T My room literally looks like I was attacked and I kicked everything in my struggle to get away. Or worse, like my cat got in here and decided to knock everything in sight over.

Wow. I definitely thought I wrote more than I did. Well, it IS 12:00. And that means I'm going to go to bed. Or nap. Considering it'll only be for 4 hours. Woohoooo!
Wish my luck tomorrow, if anyone ever reads this. Even if it's a year from know, because, you know, good thoughts like that can time-travel, and I could use as many good thoughts from the future as possible. So send 'em my way! :D

And I'm sorry if you fell asleep at your computer, but I appreciate your resilience to incredibly boring blog posts. And if you DID poke your eyes out with a hot poker....
I'm not paying for eye surgery OR a funeral.

Peaaaaace :)
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment